Michael has dedicated his practice of law to representing individuals who have been injured or wronged by others. His representative clients have ranged from those injured in car accidents, to adults and children who have been sexually abused by those in a position of power, and those who have been catastrophically injured in falls caused by dangerous conditions created by cities, counties, or businesses. Michael practices in state and federal court and has recovered millions of dollars on his clients’ behalf in nearly two decades as a trial attorney.
Michael has been recognized as a “Rising Star” six different years by Washington Law and Politics magazine. Michael has successfully argued many times in front of the Washington State Court of Appeals – sticking with clients through to the end. Michael has been first chair on several jury trials, convincing juries to award millions of dollars to his clients. Michael has also settled over 50 cases on behalf of childhood sexual abuse victims – usually at the hands of clergy.
Michael was born and raised in Milton, WA before attending the University of Washington. Following college Michael attended Seattle University School of Law where he was a member of the Law Review and mock trial team before graduating Magna Cum Laude in 2004.
Aside from working tirelessly on behalf of his clients, Michael and his wife and three children live in Pierce County and are active in the University of Washington alumni community.
- $1,750,000 personal injury settlement for a woman who suffered injuries as a pedestrian who was hit-and-run over by an SUV driver on a cell phone.
- $1,850,000 sexual abuse settlement for a man who suffered sexually abused by a Catholic Church priest as a child.
- Confidential high six-figure settlement for a family of a young girl who drowned at a summer camp due to the negligence of camp counselors.
- Confidential policy limits settlement on behalf of a child molestation victim, against the homeowners insurance of adults who allowed their teenage son – with known sexual abuse proclivities – to be alone with a neighbor boy.
- $400,000 childhood sexual abuse settlement for a man who suffered sexual abuse at the hands of a teacher at a private Catholic school.
- $295,000 settlement after a contentious lawsuit for a woman who badly broke her leg slipping in a parking garage on fluids that had been allowed to remain on a walkway for 72 hours.
- $420,000 settlement on behalf of a young woman passenger who was injured by a drunk driver who was overserved alcohol by a bar.